Saturday, July 25, 2026

Redemption

 

Shared Values of the Old and New Testaments

Redemption


God sent the people of Judah away for 70 years from the land they loved to be governed by their enemies. He promised them he would do that and he also promised they would be returned to their homeland when they were ready to ask for forgiveness of the sins that got them there. God is a God of redemption, grace, and mercy in the Old and New Testament. These scriptures show anyone with an honest desire to know God can BOLDLY go to him in any circumstance and be fully redeemed. 


Zechariah 10:6-7 (TLB) 6 “I will strengthen Judah, yes, and Israel too; I will reestablish them because I love them. It will be as though I had never cast them all away, for I, the Lord their God, will hear their cries. 7 They shall be like mighty warriors. They shall be happy as with wine. Their children, too, shall see the mercies of the Lord and be glad. Their hearts shall rejoice in the Lord. will be under my personal care.”

Hebrews 4:16 (TLB)  16 So let us come boldly to the very throne of God and stay there to receive his mercy and to find grace to help us in our times of need.


7/26/2026


No comments:

Post a Comment